High Impact Science Lessons
A practical guide for all Science teachers to bring their lessons alive
This is a practical course on the teaching of Biology, Chemistry and Physics and, in particular, how practical experiments can be used to engage students. Increasing time pressures, coupled with difficulties in obtaining many chemicals and specialist resources in some international schools, has led to a move away from practical work in Science. However, Science IS Experiments - a good experiment brings the subject alive.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for all Science Teachers working with Secondary School students (11+ years of age).
What You Will Learn
The course aims to:
- Inform you of the current UK specifications and the demands of the Key Stage 3 and GCSE syllabuses
- Demonstrate how Science experiments can be made fun and memorable
- Provide you with practical examples of experiments across Biology, Chemistry and Physics that teachers can take away to utilise in their own teaching
- strategies and ideas to introduce into your day-to-day teaching
- Explore the differing approaches required by boys and girls
- Show you how to challenge the gifted and talented students in Science
- Illustrate ways of supporting the less able in Science