A Hands On Guide to Effective Communication
The main emphasis in this workshop is to show that learning a language can be taught effectively in a fun and engaging manner. English needs to be experienced, not explained. Teachers need to lose all inhibitions and explore and experiment with the language and their pupils. The aim of this workshop is to give you the know-how and tools to make second language acquisition as smooth as the first!
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for teachers of all subjects (not just English teachers) who have to adapt their everyday teaching to accommodate multi-lingual students.
What You Will Learn
The course aims to:
- Explore the importance of helping pupils achieve English language proficiency at the same time as academic success
- Develop understanding of how children learn effectively
- Gain experience in the teaching/learning techniques for all ages of pupils
- Understand the effectiveness of engaging and fun English language lessons
- Understand why there are individual differences between learners and how aptitude, attitude, and motivation are related to rate of progress and succes
- Equip teachers with basic grammar rules and ideas to tackle classroom confusion