Practical Guide to the Latest Ideas on Assessment for Learning
Raising academic attainment through AfL
Teachers of Key Stage 2, 3, 4 and 5 are welcome to attend this course that will explore all the different elements of assessment for learning that can make this a powerful methodology to improve learning.
Beyond the gimmicks, this course will provide manageable techniques that you can believe in. We will clarify what Assessment for Learning really means and focus on the strategies that really raise attainment.
This course engages delegates in the latest cutting edge techniques to motivate students and raise academic standards. These ideas have been tested in real classrooms, and they have been proven to make students more successful learners. These ideas are simple to implement, do not demand a lot of teacher time and effort and are very effective..
What difference will this course make to me?
- You will be trained by Alan in some of the most powerful teaching ideas that you will want to try out with your students tomorrow.
- Your students will benefit from thousands of hours of development and experimentation on teaching and learning.
- Big picture learning and modeling success
- Effective Marking and teacher feedback
- Latest research on oral questioning
- Quick checks on student understanding
- Diagnostic reviews on student understanding
- Cutting edge techniques for a student record of new learning
- Learning to learn
- The language of learning
- Tracking student achievement and identification of underachievement
- Formative and summative assessment