Why start a school?
Being a school operator is immensely fulfilling at many levels:
- it is a chance to make a real contribution to society and the development of your country
- it makes a positive and lasting impact on your students
- if you have children of your own, it is an opportunity to become intimately involved in their schooling and personal development
- it creates a steady business, offering valuable employment to a large number of people
During the planning and start-up phase it is essential you seek advice from people who have real-world experience of developing, opening and operating schools in the region - people like Eduserve.
Barriers to entry for opening a school are high. Obstacles include:
- local bureaucracy
- identifying (or building) suitable premises
- sourcing suitable staff and equipment
- drawing up the ethos, curriculum and educational philosophy of the new school
- raising the necessary capital, and managing cash flow through the start-up and early growth phase of the project