Teaching Assistant Course
This is an Australian qualification suitable for people working as Teacher Assistants, Teachers' Aides and Classroom Assistants. It is a distance learning course, offered in association with the International Childcare College, that provides participants with a range of skills to support children and teachers in a school-based setting.
Teachers Aides are a critical part of the education system. They support the classroom teacher to assist children to maximise their learning potential and general independence.
In the education system the teachers’ aide duties may include:
- Implementing individual programs developed by the teacher.
- Assisting children to use specialised resources.
- Support children's mobility and independence.
- Assisting in managing children's behaviour.
Students from any background can enrol. This course targets those who are currently working as a teacher’s aide or those who are looking to enter into the workforce in a teacher’s aide position. Students must have sound literacy skills and be 18 years of age on completion of the course.
This course is offered by distance learning, allowing students to balance their work, family and study commitments. Students may enrol at anytime and complete their training at a pace that suits workplace commitments and lifestyle needs.
Students may either enrol for a full course which will qualify them for the Certificate lll in Education Support on completion or build a course tailored to specific training needs which will include 9 compulsory units of study plus 5 elective units.
To successfully gain your Certificate III in Education Support you must complete 14 units; 9 compulsory and 5 electives.
- Written Assessment tasks: scenarios, case studies and group discussions.
- Workplace tasks: Observations, investigation and working with individual children.
- Independent Study: Simulated reading program, short answer questions, internet search and investigation of specific disabilities.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Allows you to gain recognition for existing training, skills and knowledge.
Work placement options
Students must complete 60 hours of work placement to receive your Certificate III in Education Support through block placement AND/OR attendance of one full day or half day in schools including:
- Attendance at Out of School Hours Care. Infants/primary classroom setting
- Special schools
- Special classrooms/programs in schools
The cost of this course is AED11,000/- per person or, if paying in installments, 3 payments of AED3,750/-. For this money, you receive:
- The Study Guide, containing supporting information, tips and advice directly related to the course
- A booklet of Workplace Tasks
- Membership of the ICCC website. Students login here to download their Assessment Tasks, but also have access to a wide range of downloadable resources, discussion forums and web-chat with trainers in Australia
- Telephone and email support from your Eduserve trainer in Dubai
The program normally takes around 6 to 12 months to complete, leading to a Certificate III in Education Support (CHC 30808). This certificate is issued by a Registered Training Organisation and is recognised under the new Australian Qualifications Framework.
To find out more about the above, please contact us.